Monday, July 21, 2008

Sorry so slack


I forewarned you when I started this blog: It's going to be difficult for me to be consistent with posting.
I was right.
Just this last week - and this is really our slow time as far as sports go at the paper - things have just been crazy. Ever have one of those weeks where you're worn out and don't really recall what you did?
Oh, yeah. It's called parenting. Still learning.
For the kid to be just a fraction of my size, Jett sure does garner a lot of attention. He's pulling up to a coffee table one minute, crawling down the hall the next and mowing the grass after that (Well, not the latter yet, but I can't wait for that day. We're going to teach him that yard work is as fun as basketball.).
But I have recently discovered a secret weapon: Slider, the forgotten bluetick beagle (Bio: 4.5 years old; loves scratching, licking and sniffing; would like long walks on the beach, but hasn't been).
Shanda doesn't mess with Slider, usually keeps her outside. However, I have found that Slider snatches Jett's attention better than almost anything. So Jett chases Slider around the house, Slider follows me and I follow Jett. It's this odd triangle of rejection. I want Jett's attention, but he's interested in Slider. Slider wants my attention, but I'm after Jett. Usually, I just sit on the couch and watch Jett chase Slider. Doesn't wear me out very much.
Anyway, that's some bit of an update.....

(Coming next time...a review of our recent vacation to Virginia)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.