Friday, June 20, 2008

The helmet is off!

Jett had a big day Thursday.

First, he got good news from the doctor/therapist. His helmet is off!

Jett has completed his time wearing the dynamic orthotic cranioplasty (DOC), better known as the helmet to fix his little misshaped head. He wore it for 8 or 9 weeks. They had originally said 6 to 8. His head's a lot better now and it's great that he's ditching the helmet because the heat has been making him sweat a lot.

So that was a pretty good start to the little prodigy's day, but then he again proved why he's such a phenom. He's already been crawling around like crazy, most of you know that. But recently, he's been trying to pull up to the coffee table. Then today, all of a sudden, he pulled himself all the way up...and stood up! It happened really quickly and Shanda and I just looked at each other in shock. He did it once more before we tracked down the video camera. Then, fittingly, he was too tired to do it again.

All for now. I'm going to be posting more often... I promise. And we'll put some Jett pics on here soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good (that you're going to be posting more).
I can't wait to see his little dark hair but the helmet was cute too, I like when he knocked people with it.
He is a prodigy and he's my nephew :). Can't wait to put on another puppet show!

Anonymous said...

Justin likes to correct me so I now have to correct him.....Jett actually wore the helmet for about 11 weeks. But not that anyone was counting!